Quick, easy, healthy,… No, it’s not low in calories but that doesn’t mean it’s not good for you. Been making this every other day for the last 2 weeks.. why? Because it satisfies my sweet cravings. I haven’t baked anything in a while and I really dislike munching on bought chocolates so this is my solution every time I want something sweet and chocolaty. And I don’t even feel bad after eating it, I know I didn’t throw junk food in me but something that its good for me.
It tastes like.. I can’t explain this but it simply tastes like sweet avocado chocolate. I know not everybody is going to like it but I really really do like the taste. Maybe I love the texture even more. Its somewhere between pudding and mousse consistency, soooo creamy. Little specs of chia seeds add a little crunch if you want it. Now you can leave the chia seeds out if you don’t have them, they add up to firmer texture so if you leave them out it will only be looser mousse. But if you have them and want to use them you can use ground chia seeds which will give you a silky smooth avocado mousse (you can grind them by yourself in a food processor, mine isn’t strong enough so I use whole chia seeds), or whole chia seeds which will result in little bits of crunch all over the mousse.
You can top the mousse with whatever you like. Ground nuts, fruit, cacao nibs,.. Today I topped mine with some blueberries. It was delish!
(makes 2 portions)
1 ripe avocado
2 tbsp honey
3 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
1/2 tsp ground chia seeds
Put everything in a blender/mixer and blend for 1-2 mins or until the mixture is smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl and blend again. Divide the mixture into 2 ramekins top with fruit or nuts and put in the fridge for at least half an hour.
Chocolate avocado mousse
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp honey or agave syrup
- 3 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground chia seeds
- Put everything in a blender/mixer and blend for 1-2 mins or until the mixture is smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl and blend again. Divide the mixture in 2 ramekins top with fruit or nuts and put in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Use agave syrup instead of honey for a vegan version.
- It also works without the chia seeds.
- The avocado has to be ripe, otherwise, it won't blend or taste nice.