Walnut Meringue Cookies
These crispy 3 ingredient Walnut Meringue Cookies will shock you with their simplicity, taste and texture. Very crisp, light, not too sweet, easy to make, cute and full of flavor, they are bound to become your new go-to cookies!
Servings: 12 cookies
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 150 g ground walnuts
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 200 g finely chopped walnuts
Beat the egg whites on slow speed until frothy, then change to med-high speed and start slowly adding both sugars, salt and vanilla extract. Beat for a few minutes, until you get stiff peaks. Switch the mixer for a spatula and carefully mix in the ground walnuts, you don't want to deflate the mixture too much.
Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 120°C.
Put the finely chopped walnuts into a bowl. Take a teaspoon worth of the walnut meringue and drop it into the chopped walnuts.
Now cover the walnut meringue with chopped walnuts, so that there is no sticky mass on the outside of the meringue ball. Take the meringue ball between your palms and gently roll it to make a snake or cylinder shape with smaller ends. Put the shaped walnut meringue on the prepared baking sheet and curve it so that it makes a crescent shape.
Repeat until you have no meringue left. Leave 1 cm of room between cookies. Bake for 55-60 min. They should be browned and light. Leave them to cool and then enjoy!
- You can use some vanilla sugar instead of granulated sugar for additional aroma.
- Leave out the vanilla extract if you want.
- You can make the walnut meringue crescents smaller (a small teaspoon of meringue) or a bit bigger (heaped teaspoon).
- This will affect the baking time a bit and the amount of finely chopped walnuts you will need (less for bigger ones).
- The meringues should be crispy and dried out when cooled.
- Since the egg whites amount is very small, you can easily whip them by hand.
- You can double the recipe.
- The cookies keep for a long time, at least 3 weeks.
- Store them in an airtight container.