I’m Dea and I’m desserts obsessed!
PrettySweetBlog is about fun, interesting, delicious, elevated, modern and usually seasonal dessert recipes for an adventurous home-cook.
Recipes vary from easy to more complex, healthy to very indulgent but there is one common thing they have: amazing taste and texture.
The desserts on this page are a combination of European, French and American style recipes. They highlight the flavors and textures that are carefully thought out.
I want you to bake with confidence and discover new flavor and texture combinations, so I test the recipes and give you the best ones to save you the time of finding good, reliable recipes.
What I enjoy the most is discovering and playing around with flavors and textures to make the most delicious cake, pie, cookie, cupcake and anything else sweet. I also like to make sweets pretty, hence, prettysweetblog :).
In the text before the recipe, you won’t find my life stories or anything like that (maybe if a story or a memory is connected with the recipe), I straight up just talk cake!
That means that reading the text will help you understand how I came up with the recipe, how the components work together, what the texture and taste are like, how you can adapt it and similar helpful insights.
That way you can confidently make the recipe even if it’s not the easiest one.
The recipe instructions are written step-by-step with details to ensure good results when attempting something more challenging.
I test the recipes several times until I get the exact taste and texture I wanted. I also provide you with notes for the recipe, what you should be careful with, how can you swap or adapt ingredients and such.
Give the recipes a try, and share your thoughts and photos with me in the comments or on Instagram, tag @Freakyblond and add a hashtag #prettysweetblog, or just send me a picture to my dm! It makes my day seeing your creations and hearing from you.
I’m also always open to comments, suggestions and opinions :).
For questions, comments, suggestions, collaborations click on the contact form and write me an email, can’t wait to hear from you!
I’m 27 years old, living in Slovenia (Central Europe). I’ve known since my teenage years that food interests me the most and that’s why I studied and got a diploma in food technology and nutrition.
Other than baking and thinking about desserts day and night, I like to spend my time in good company, traveling or playing tennis.
I started this blog to have something like my own online cookbook with the best recipes that I can share with like-minded people like you :)!
Get to know me a bit better with these 10 fun facts:
- My favorite food is watermelon.
I would choose it over any dessert any time. IT’S. SO. GOOD.
- My favorite music is drum’n bass. I listen most of the time and I loove going to festivals.
I also like some rock genres.
- Most of my teenage years I was a geek and played online pc games most of days and nights.
I would still play them but I’m an adult pursuing my dreams so there is no time!
- I wanted to be a professional tennis player as a kid and I played tennis professionally all my childhood.
I stopped when I moved to study in the capital as it’s very hard to pursue this sport without tons of money. I guess I also wasn’t good enough (more like tried hard enough). Now I’m a tennis coach and still play for myself twice a week.
- I looove to travel, it’s my favorite thing to do besides bake ofc, but I’m terrified of planes.
I wasn’t always, but one day flying back from Greece I thought we are going to crash and from then on I can barely get myself on a plane and go through tons of anxiety when flying.
- My worst fear is to have a job that I wouldn’t love and find fulfilling. I’d rather have less money and do what I love than be doing a job I hate but be rich.
That’s why I’ll forever be chasing my dreams.
- I have a constant conflict within myself as my biggest passion are desserts (making and eating them) so I can’t possibly give that up, but I also really want to eat and live as healthy as possible.
So you will find me eating mostly vegetables and desserts. Balance!
- If I can’t live without desserts, might as well eat the best ones and make those calories count!
That’s why I only publish the recipes that I think are worth the calories.
- My ultimate goal in life is to make eating a dessert an experience you don’t easily forget.
- I’ll choose vanilla over chocolate any time!